Friday 27 January 2012

Brown Paper Packages Tied up with String

Are now one of my favourite things!


For my mother-in-law's birthday I had Izzy help me wrap her presents and make the card. In other words I'm actually not allowed to wrap presents without her since Christmas, so I now choose kid-friendly ways to wrap. (read simple ways to wrap!)

I recently found a Christmas scrapbook pack discounted and snatched it up. The papers above, tags and letters are all from the pack! There are still lots that are definitely Christmasy but I'll just save them for a few months ;)


The card is a cake shape with little strips for candles and Izzy's finger prints for flames. She liked that bit.


The paper was sellotaped at the back and then I tied some string round with the tag on. Izzy used Pritt Stick to glue the letters on.

Simple but I like that it's the same colour theme for them all (and it was cheap too, bonus!). 

Do you have any tips? How do you wrap your presents? Do you also have a three year old who insists on doing it herself too?

8 comments:

  1. This is sweet. There is just something to love about brown paper packages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love brown paper for wrapping as well. This last Christmas I wrapped my gifts in brown paper, as well as some plaid kraft paper and white tissue paper. I tied them with Jute and twine, and they looked great. Love the way your packages turned out, love the finger print little flames on the candles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will let my kids paint or stamp on some craft paper and that has been a big hit here. Very pretty packages. I am a new Pinterest follower visiting from Five Days 5 Ways. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love brown paper packages as well! Where do you get yours Rhiannon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this wrapping idea, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love brown paper wrapping as well! It keeps the possibility of embellishment wide open! Very pretty! I'm your newest follower. THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely packaging! Thank you so much for linking up to the Pretty Packages Party. The March Pretty Packages Party will begin tonight at 9:00 PM CST. Hope you'll stop by again!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and cute...perfect.

    ReplyDelete