Friday 2 March 2012

Project Pretty

So last week Jen from i heart organizing set a little challenge - Project Pretty. And I thought after all the "real" home posts I've been doing, I could do with a little pretty challenge.

Mine kind of spiraled. But I'll explain! 

So some of you know I've just set up an Etsy shop selling cards and art. But at the moment I've just been storing them on top of my desk. Not ideal. So I popped to Wilkinsons and spent £3.69:




Then I covered it in vinyl and alphabet stickers,



I punched out a couple of butterflies too, because bright pink just wasn't girly enough for me...




I also cut the dividers down so they fit the box and labelled.




So the cards are protected and organised by type. Perfect.




Plus there's even space for space supplies! 


And for those of you who have been following a little while who are thinking "Wait, doesn't her bookcase look more like this?"




Well, up until two days ago it did, but "unfortunately" our £30 bookcase had had enough of being overloaded with books for five years and one of the shelves snapped off. (It was doing some serious bowing on the sides too.)

So we jumped on the Expedit bandwagon (actually my wonderful husband's idea!):



I am absolutely loving it in this space! It opens up the space, and does the job of one Billy bookcase, two dvd billys and a drawer.


There will be a LOT of pictures to come soon when I settle on a perfect way to organise and accessorize it!


But for now...





And I'm actually really loving the hubs green doors. But am curious as to what colour rug I should get to go with them...

11 comments:

  1. Very cute. I love your personal touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the little touches

    Thanks so much for stopping by Blissful and Domestics Blog Hop. I am of course following your cute blog and am now catching up on your bloggy cuteness here. I hope you will come back this week and link up again:>

    www.blissfulanddomesti8c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... I've been thinking hard about what to do with my bookshelf situation too. You've got me thinking more now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bin, great job. You really rose to the challenge!
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new bookshelf & how you've organized! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if my comment went through so I'm trying again!

    I love your new bookshelf & how you've organized - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I desperately need to compile some things and do this. I'm almost positive I have an identical container too! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh... the cords! I have a huge box that looks EXACTLY like that! Great idea. I'm putting it on my to do list this week. Hopping over from Blissful and Domestic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card box is so super, I love all of your super fab labels!

    Thank you so much for linking up and sharing!

    xxoo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by our blog earlier. I love all your ideas for using baskets. I used ziploc bags to organize the endless cords and other objects in our house too. It's hard to remember which cord goes to which device after a while. Everything looks great. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ages ago when you were talking about wanting doors for your shelves I had an idea. I think the idea would suit this kind of book shelf as well. Probably even better. You could make mini curtains. If you could find little tension rods or hooks and twine or something. With these kind of shelves you'd only need smallish squares of fabric for each shelf you wanted a "door" on. It could be a possibility couldn't it?

    ReplyDelete