Tuesday 12 June 2012

Luggage Tag (Father's Day Gift Idea)


A quickie gift idea (and a no spend gift!). Obviously I've blanked out the rest of my father-in-law's address :)

I made the luggage tag by sewing together a rectangle of leather and clear vinyl. (the leather was a skirt from my mother-in-law:), that I already used most of for these bags, and the vinyl was from an old rain cover from a car seat!)




I zig zag stitched around the edge and then did a straight stitch inside that to keep it nice and secure. After all a luggage tag is supposed to be able to put up with a lot of handling! 



Then I stamped on the address to a piece of card, slid it in, made a hole and threaded a piece of ribbon through.

Great idea for a man in your life that travels! My FIL recently paid off his mortgage and goes on a few holidays a year now! And who can blame him?!


1 comment:

  1. What an awesome idea! I just keep using those flimsy paper ones they give you at the baggage counter, but a reusable one would be so much better! Thanks for linking this up to The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete