Thursday 8 November 2012

rosette hair slides tutorial


Rosette flowers aren't anything new in blog-ville, but while making some this morning with leftover tee scraps I found a quicker way of making and attaching the flowers,so I thought I'd share. 


Start with a couple of scraps of tee fabric, two slides and a hot glue gun. 


Tie a knot in one end. Trim the short end if you need to. 



Twist and wind the fabric around the knot, securing with a dab of hot glue ever so often.



Keep going until there's just a small amount left.



Slide on your hair grip.



Position it so that when the spare strip of fabric is folded over the back that the grip is central.



Secure with hot glue and trim the excess fabric.




And you're done. Then make a few.



Or even a lot more, if your kids just so happen to be at school, and you're procrastinating a long list of things you really should be doing.



I just slid mine onto a piece of card and stamped it up. Don't worry that the name's wrong, I was just trying something out!



I'm still undecided as to who to give these to, either as little extras for family, or for teachers. 



In fact, I may have enough for both...


I’m sharing this at the Dare to DIY party hosted by Decor and the DogMaybe MatildaNewly Woodwards, and Two Twenty One!

3 comments:

  1. Found you on the link up, now a new follower.
    I think my daughter would love these. Thanks for the Idea.
    Danielle
    www.thesweetpeapod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like this flowers. And what a cute gift. I love the presentation with the stamped card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and easy are my way to go. Especially when the craft is cute. Thanks for joining the Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete